Vernon Construction takes pride in being a safe place to work. Therefore we maintain a drug-free workplace and all candidates are subject to pre-employment testing. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Now Hiring For The Following Positions:
Vernon Construction is now hiring for all positions; please send us your resume.
- Construction Project Manager (Positions available in Santa Barbara and Santa Maria/Orcutt):
- A minimum of 5 years of direct construction project management experience on residential and/or commercial new construction and remodeling projects; ideally includes high-end custom home building experience.
- Collaborative, problem solving attitude, with a focus on teamwork.
- Business acumen, with a thorough understanding of budgets; treat the project and the company as if it were your own.
- Should be self-responsible, highly organized, and capable of proactively managing tasks on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a full understanding and ability to work with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word. MS Project experience is helpful.
- Journeyman Electrician:
- Minimum of 5 (five) years recent and direct electrical installation experience, Journeyman card a plus
- Experience with both commercial & residential construction preferred; new construction & remodeling
- Installing all types of lighting, fans, boxes, receptacles, switches, panels and circuits; Flex, EMT, PVC and all types of cable and wire
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints and schematic diagrams; experience running and managing a crew and directing the work of others is preferred
- Project Superintendent Position:
We have two openings, one in Santa Barbara and one in Santa Maria/Orcutt.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct supervision experience on residential and/or commercial new construction and remodeling projects.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of the plan check, permitting and building inspection process, and be able to comfortably interact with building officials, schedule inspections.
- Should be self-responsible, highly organized, and capable of proactively managing daily tasks on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Possess a full understanding and ability to work with Outlook, Excel, and Word; experience with Sage 100/300 and MS Project experience is helpful.
- Heavy Equipment Operator/Driver:
You must have a current valid Class A license. This position is in Santa Maria/Orcutt.
The ideal candidate will have experience driving water trucks, dump trucks, trucks pulling equipment on trailers, etc. Experience with operating tractors, backhoes, skip loaders, forklift, or other heavy equipment is a huge plus, as is a mechanical mind-set. Clean driving record is a must for this position, as is a safety-conscious attitude. Team players encouraged to apply. Immediate hire, benefit eligible position (health insurance).
- Apprentice Electrician:
- Minimum 1-2 years recent and direct construction experience
- Familiarity with concepts related to electrical installations in construction
- Willingness to learn, follow directions, and work hard to excel
- Landscape Manager: This is a full time position, available for immediate hire, and is benefit-eligible (health insurance,paid time off). We are looking for an experienced team player who wants to join our company and stay with us for the long term; there is opportunity to advance for the right person.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-8 years of direct landscape experience including:
- Ability to read landscape plans and construct according to the plan design
- New construction experience, including purchasing, planting, irrigation, and installation
- Ability and desire to lead a crew and build a team of helpers as we grow
- Strong work ethic, drive to excel, problem solver, with team player attitude
- Commercial and residential experience for installation and maintenance
- Construction Landscape Crew Members:At least 3 years general construction experience, must have landscape background including installations, troubleshooting, and planting. Experience driving construction equipment (Bobcat, dump truck, back hoe, etc); skill in maintaining equipment would be helpful. Positions based in Santa Barbara.
If you are interested in applying for any of the above jobs, please send your resume, along with your most recent two-years of jobs completed, references, requested salary/hourly, and any other information relevant to employment. Email to email@example.com or Fax to (805) 963-1277.